Louisiana Gulf Coast Oil Exposition (LAGCOE) recently announced winners of the 2013 Spotlight on New Technology Awards for innovation and technological advancement: E&B Green Solutions, 5D Oilfield Magnetics, Baker Hughes, Hickman Sales and Service, Newpark Mats and Integrated Services and Zahroof Performance Valves.
Pat Plugge, general manager of E&B Green Solutions, presented technical information on the G-Clean product line to LAGCOE attendees in October.
“We had outstanding applications from companies presenting new and exceptional technological advancements,” said Chuck Schaub, LAGCOE Technical Sessions Committee co-chair and project manager for EDG. “This year’s award winners have pushed industry limits through creativity, efficiency and safety, and we are pleased to recognize these achievements that will positively impact the energy industry.”
The new G-Clean product line from E&B Green Solutions is based on colloidal chemistry, where plant-based, non-toxic, nano-sized particles work at the molecular level to penetrate larger hydrocarbon molecules, allowing the oil on the ground to biodegrade completely.
All submissions were reviewed based on five criteria: new, innovative, proven, broad interest and significant impact. Winning technologies are no more than two years old based on the first time it was used in an application or announced to the market. Additionally, all winners introduced a new product or service that is not in violation of any known patents.
Established in 2009, Spotlight on New Technology awards recognize technologies that advance the process of discovering and producing oil and natural gas.
Other winning companies include:
- The Open Hole Net technology from 5D Oilfield Magnetics catches all metal objects that drop into a wellbore and allows for easy removal from the mud system. This results in a reduction of maintenance costs to fluid-handling systems and large mud pumps.
- Baker Hughes’ FASTrak LWD fluid sampling and testing technology can be deployed while drilling in challenging environments that cannot be performed with wireline tools. The Baker Hughes SC-XP gravel-pack and frac-pack system offers faster conveyance rates, higher bottom hole temperature and a higher production rating than existing sand control systems in extreme environments.
- Hickman’s Stable Data System reduces the failure rate of sucker rod connections and tubular goods by connecting to hydraulic power tongs and monitoring and controlling variables that exist on mobile rigs, equipment and locations.
- Newpark Mats and Integrated Services introduced Advanced Composite Mats to protect the ground at rig sites, leading to decreased truckloads and maintenance.
- Zahroof Performance Valves’ ZPV High Efficiency Modular Valves for gas gathering and distribution applications reduces compressor power by 10 percent in pipeline transmission applications, increases reliability and reduces inventory by at least 75 percent.