The Global Petroleum Show is the largest and most diverse energy trade show in North America with over half a million square feet of exhibition space planned in 2016, all in one venue. Last year there were 50,000-plus attendees registered for this world-class event and even more are expected this year.
Why do industry professionals flock to GPS and why should you place this on the top of your priorities for 2016? Networking is at the top of the list, and here are the top 10 events you can look forward to at GPS16.
1. Celebrate the second annual Global Petroleum Show Awards! These awards serve to recognize and celebrate the leaders who drive impactful change and evolution in the energy industry through technology, corporate social responsibility and excellence.
2. Round out the first day in style by attending our flagship networking event. The Opening Night Reception is a great gathering that will reacquaint you with your energy network and expand your circle of contacts.
3. On to Day 2. Now that you are warmed up, sign up for the Energy Leaders Breakfast. Join international energy leaders for breakfast as they share their visions on topics such as global exploration opportunities, investment acquisition, IOC/NOC partnerships and energy security and efficiency.
4. Get the most out of your international networking opportunities by spending the second day of GPS with an exclusive symposium, the International Energy Capital Forum. The theme of this symposium is “Financing the Energy of Tomorrow.”
New for 2016: Start the day at the Energy Leaders Breakfast, included with your International Energy Capital Forum ticket.
5. Experience the most exciting eight seconds in sports. Get up close to the toughest sport on dirt, bull riding, while enjoying some food and drinks and stay for the country and western stylings of our headline musical act.
6. Cowboy culture, Calgary style. After the exhibition on Day 2 closes, meet with clients and colleagues at the Official Industry Party at Cowboys Casino. Complimentary admission to this relaxed party environment with your GPS16 Registration Badge includes one drink and appetizers. A cash bar also available. Yeehaa!
7. Day 3! Attend the full-day forum that connects indigenous business and government leaders with oil and gas operators, service company executives, and business at the Indigenous Conference on Energy and Mining. The theme is “Redefining Prosperity”.
This year, the Indigenous Center of Energy will also be hosting its First Annual Indigenous Leaders Roundtable. This discussion will be an invite-only event where indigenous leaders will come together to examine an implementation of indigenous principles.
8. Network with an international audience! International guests and delegations are welcome to the exclusive International Attendee Open House, a complimentary event. Get expert advice on things to do during your visit to Calgary and do not miss out on refreshments and local cultural entertainment. This invite-only event is for attendees visiting from outside of Canada.
9. The 2016 SPE Canada Heavy Oil Technical Conference with its theme “Technology Meets the Challenges” will build on a strong tradition of using formal paper presentations and industry networking to advance corporate and individual knowledge of current technologies. The result of this knowledge transfer will be barrels produced in a more sustainable manner – safely, environmentally and economically.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is the largest individual-member organization serving managers, engineers, scientists and other professionals worldwide in the upstream segment of the oil and gas industry.
10. All of Global Petroleum Show will be one opportunity after another for networking. You can plan to meet your buddies at the free educational seminars and more.
For more information, visit globalpetroleumshow.com.